CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's Up Wednesday!!!

Do I have news?! Lots of happenings in my life and online. Blessings are abundant in my life and I am so grateful. Here is a bit of what has been happening...
On Monday, my daughter, Emily, and I auditioned for "My Fair Lady" together. I was keeping my fingers and toes crossed we would both make the show. We got the calls last night and we are in the ensemble together! We did this a couple of years ago at the same theater and it was fun. I can't wait to get started!
Last night, I had a night off from theater since we are finished rehearsing the current show I am in, Fiddler on the Roof, and we have only two more shows this weekend. I decided to start getting the crap...oops!....I mean, Craft room back in order. Over this summer it had become a haven for anything that came under the category of "Where should we put it?". The answer always seemed to be the craft room. I did get a great start...there is now a walkway to my craft table, my beading supplies are all in one spot, fabric scraps are together in one basket and my table has been cleared of miscellaneous paperwork! It is still not pretty but it is a much better work environment.
As I was putting things away, I started to look at the tubs of finished items I have...and I have more than I thought I did! I really need to get to posting these items! I have some cloche hats that need just a little embellishment, scarves, more cotton cloths, and other various crocheted items looking for a new home. My goal is to get photos and postings done by September 1. That gives me almost a month so that seems doable. Plus, I can't sell them if I don't post them.
Another thing that has been occupying my time is Facebook. I truly believe that this can be a great networking tool for sellers on Etsy. I began a thread in the Etsy forums on July 20th asking "Do you need Facebook fans?" I am amazed this thread still has life!!! I just wanted to get over 100 fans for my Etsy shop's facebook fan page. I am quickly coming up on 270 and I have began a group on Facebook called Facebook Fans on Etsy. It has already gotten 101 members! That tells me this is a direction that needs to be explored. If you have any tech savy and would like to help, please let me know!! I could definitely learn from you!
That's a bit of catching up for now...next time I will try and post something lovely with pictures! Don't forget to check back on Friday when I feature one of my Facebook Fans!!!
God bless!
~gloria

4 comments:

Memories for Life said...

Sounds like you've been super busy! And having a good time :)

BeadedTail said...

Phew! You've been busy! Congrats on all your Facebook Fans! I'm not on FB yet - I know, I'm out of it!

Splendid Little Stars said...

It was good to hear what you've been up to. I definitely need to check out facebook for business purposes.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

Sounds like you've been busy - but having fun! That's a great combination :D