Easy Toffee Recipe
2 ½ sticks of butter, divided (no substitutes)
Saltine crackers (I used graham crackers and I like the way it turned out)
1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
1 - 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
1 bag of chocolate chips (I was making candy so I melted the candy chocolate I had)
- Preheat oven at 425º. Cover a 15x10x1 jellyroll pan with heavy duty foil
- Melt the ½ stick of butter and pour into the jelly roll pan
- Cover the pan with crackers, breaking them to cover the small spots. Set aside.
- In same pan, melt the 2 sticks of butter
- Add the dark brown sugar and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- Pour over crackers and spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until bubbly and the top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and set on wire rack. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chips and allow them to get shiny. Spread over the toffee.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top, lightly pressing them into the chocolate.
- Let cool for 30 minutes on counter then place in refrigerator for another 30 minutes.
Cut and enjoy!!
It tastes so good and people would think you slaved over a hot stove LOL!