CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yo-Yo So Crazy

As I have posted here before, I am a novice at sewing. I go in my craft room from time to time and attempt to make some items I can possibly feel good about selling in my shop. Still nothing in the shop has come from my sewing machine. My daughter has gotten a few of my practice items but I knew there was still room for improvement.
I wrote about a creation I came up with called the Fat-Bottomed Zipper Pouch. My goal is to get some made and in my shop. Having a snow day yesterday got me a great start! I have ten pouches all cut, interfaced and ready to assemble once I get more zippers. That leads me to yo-yos...
I have a basket where I have some scraps and notions for sewing. I hadn't been in the craft room to work since before the holidays. As I was digging through my stuff I found this...

I had forgotten I had bought it on a whim when I was craft shopping months ago. That got me thinking...a very dangerous situation!!! I decided I would figure how this little beauty works and see if I, novice sewer that I am, can indeed make a yo-yo. This is marvelous and extemely easy to use. I gathered up my scraps and needle, thread and scissors and headed to the couch to watch tv and see if I could become a yo-yo master.

Two hours later I had twenty lovely little yo-yos in front of me and my brain filled with dreams of embellishing everything that didn't move...oh the creative juices are flowing once again. I can't wait to hit the fabric store to get some different sizes...the possibilities are endless!!!

What is your favorite sewing/crafting gadget?

My blessing for today is the gadget above...using has helped my creativity to come alive once again!

God bless!!

9 comments:

LazyTcrochet said...

I bought some prepackaged yoyo's last year thinking...I'm sure I can make these myself LOL. Sounds like fun.

Jana Nielson said...

I'm not sure it qualifies as a gadget....but, I love fusible vinyl!!

ps. glad Max is ok!

Memories for Life said...

There's nothing better than getting those creative juices flowing!
I machine stitch and hand-stitch on some of my scrapbook pages and cards. I think it adds nice texture :)

Vickie said...

Lilli is going Yo-Yo crazy, too!
We love the yo-yo makers, but right now I think our favorite gadget has got to be the needle felting tool and the molds! Have fun!

Tins and Treasures said...

I love yo-yos...My grandmother made a whole bedspread from yo-yos.

TiLT said...

I don't have a favorite gadget...now I want one :) Unless a T-square and cutting mat count...without that T square all my stuff would be lopsided :P

and now I want to see your yo-yo's (that almost sounds wrong)

uniquecommodities said...

SO..I am lost what is a yo yo maker..is that for the true yo-yo you play with..sorry LOL a little lost and slow!

My favorite crafting gadget is my pasta machine for use in playing with Polymer clay! Does that count?

Duni said...

Yo-yo's are so much fun and a great way to use up that left-over fabric! I would say my favourite gadget is my rotary cutter and cutting mat! I just love it!

Unknown said...

Me too don't know, What's a Yo-yo maker?
My Favorite tool is my crochet needles, I have so many of them.