CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Grandmom's Brownies

When I was growing up, every Sunday we would head to visit family about an hour away. One stop was always at my mother's mother's home. She lived in the right half of a duplex across for the fire station in my Mom's hometown. As you walk in the front door, you enter a closed in porch. The house was small and so was Grandmom. As we grew up, the biggest milestone was when we were taller than she was.

My grandmother made the most delicious brownies ever! I am not sure she used a recipe. When you asked her for it she would say "Some flour, some sugar etc" She never knew exact amounts. She would just mix them up and they were perfect!

The best part was she always seemed to have a tin of brownies on her front porch. I can still remember how they tasted. I have never had better since.


I miss you Grandmom...and your brownies.

God bless!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post, no pun intended! I felt it...

TiLT said...

grandmas and brownies...great mix!

uniquecommodities said...

So touching and sweet! Thanks for sharing!