I had some fabric from a decoupage project so I went for it. I set the foot down and push lightly on the pedal and......the needle went up and down but the fabric didn't move. Now, I was challenged to figure this out. I took the manual, went over and over it. After about 45 minutes passed, I finally got it! Change the length of the stitch and VOILA!!!!! I had sewn a straight line.
All of you sewing experts may not be impressed but I am very impressed with myself! I actually created something with a sewing machine. Now, I was starting to build up some confidence and I found a pattern that was just a bit more complicated. Here is the finished product...A CELL PHONE CASE!!Now, I will not profess it was easy and everything went perfectly but...I did it!! It is lined with coordinating green fabric. It turned out just a bit bigger than it was supposed to but for my first complex (well, complex for me) pattern, I think it came out looking pretty good. Then inspiration struck and I made a matching tissue cover!
Remember to count your blessings! God is good indeed!